Friday, August 19, 2011

Here Goes!


So I promised former co-worker and friend extraordinaire Danielle K. that I would update my blog. So I'm sitting here in comfy clothes with a rich chocolatey Ovaltine drink and trying to think of how to start this. And I can't think of how to start! But I do want to share a goal I have that will satisfy the curiosity and happenings of what has happened the last 18 months (wow, just looked at the calender and realized it is EXACTLY 18 months ago when it all went down!)...

I am going to write a book!

I am happy to be writing again and I hope that my writing will be therapeutic for me and for anyone else who has gone through similar events. It will not be a "tell-all," but of my random thoughts and what I did to cope (and what I would recommend NOT doing: ie excessive retail therapy!). So, that's what's going to happen! Janis Holcombe, coming soon to a Starbucks near me, to sit and get high off the fumes of the espresso machine and the sugar from Frappachinos while I sit with my MacBook and bare my soul in black and white. And I couldn't be more excited!

In the meantime, here is a shot of downtown Fredericksburg from tonight as the storms were rolling in.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh! yayayayayayay! a blog post<3 can't wait for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love ovaltine.
    this photo is amazing !

    ReplyDelete